Hypnotherapist . Hypnobirthing Specialist . Positive Birth Campaigner
Rosie Goode, Founder of Hypnobirthing Works in 2004, is one of the UKs most experienced Hypnobirthing Specialists having taught over 2500 couples, including friends and family of Prince William and Kate, high profile clients, and is recommended by midwives and obstetricians throughout London.
I care passionately about the kind of pregnancy and birth women, babies and partners experience, and Hypnobirthing is a wonderfully effective toolkit to enable a positive birth. I was delighted to be invited by founder, Milli Hill, to co-organise the first Positive Birth Movement Event, in 2016. It was a huge success and we look forward to a bigger and better event in 2017, enabling even more parents to benefit from a positive birth.
I fully embrace my role as a member of NHS collaborative networks in London: actively sharing best practice, being the voice of women, and influencing within the system.
The tide is turning. NICE guidelines in 2016 stated that 45% of all births are safest at home or in a Midwife Led Unit. Happily, many London hospitals are already embracing these guidelines. If you have special circumstances that require medical support, if you aren’t sure if you can have a drug free birth, if you need an advocate or a hand to hold, I’ll be delighted to support you and help you navigate the system, wherever you are having your baby. Rosie x Click to Book
Passionate about helping women to have a confident and positive birth, she is one of the most experienced, effective and supportive Hypnotherapists and Hypnobirthing Teachers, having been trained in 2003 by Mark Tyrell of Uncommon Knowledge and by Marie Mongan, of the HypnoBirthing Institute.
Rosie’s Hypnobirthing teaching is responsive to the needs of individual London parents and their birth place choice, and is underpinned by her Hypnotherapy / Solution Focused Therapy expertise and inside knowledge of various London Maternity Units.
Rosie’s work is supported by wonderful midwives: Lucia Rocca Midwifery Lecturer and post doctorate fellow, Centre for Maternal & Child Health Research, City University, and Chantelle Winstanley Consultant Midwife at St George’s
Some Highlights 2016/2017
- Midwifery Unit Standards advisory team 2017: rewriting Standards for Birth Centre document (Royal College of Midwives, 2009)
- Advisory Group – NICE Birthplace Action Team 2017 -City Uni Centre Maternal Health Research
- Co-Applicant on NIHR research study – Team includes Dr Amar Bhide, Dr Christine McCourt – in 2nd stage of application process
- ‘Better Births’ – Pioneer Site – team member – co-design and co-production
- Co-organiser first Positive Birth Movement event (450 groups) with founder, Milli Hill
- LSA Audit of Supervisors of Midwives – St George’s
- Rosie invited by Lucia Rocca, Midwifery Lecturer City Uni and Sheena Byrom OBE to be on the Advisory Panel of UK Midwife Led Unit Network
- Affiliate Member RCM – Royal College of Midwives
- Chair St George’s Maternity Forum – (MSLC) – including interview panel for Director of Midwifery
- Board Member SWLondon Maternity Network (Kingston, St George’s, Epsom & St Helier, Croydon) – a collaborative network of Heads of Midwifery, Obstetricians etc, action oriented, sharing good practice
- Co-creator and delivery of new active birth, ante natal workshop for St George’s with Lucia Rocca, Consultant Midwife
- Interviewed on www.Wandsworthradio.com by the lovely Georgina Stevens (link to follow)
- Member of the SWLondon Peer Review Group: 5 London Hospitals: physical and ’emotional’ birth environment – ongoing improvements (link to follow)
- Invited to run midwifery/ student study days: ‘Power of Language’ . ‘Hypnobirthing’ (70 Midwives from 5 London hospitals)
- Click to Book
Rosie’s History: Hypnobirthing Teacher (since 2004) – Hypnobirthing Institute . Hypnobirthing Teacher Trainer . Clinical Hypnotherapist (2003) . Solution Focused Brief Therapist . Co-Chair Kingston Maternity Services Liaison Committee – visiting member Chelsea & Westminster, St Georges, St Thomas’s MSLC. Member AIMS . Supporter Birthrights . Board Member SW London Maternity Network (stategic network comprising 5 Hds Midwifery – sharing best practice) . BabyCalm Trainer and Teacher (2012) . NCT trained Post Natal Teacher (1993)
Rosie created Hypnobirthing Works as a response to the needs of London parents and underpinned by her hypnotherapy expertise.
Rosie has been highly active in promoting and teaching Hypnobirthing to midwives, obstetricians, GPs, psychologists and other medical staff, both privately as clients, as well as running workshops and study sessions in hospitals since 2004. She was instrumental in setting up the UK HB Group at the London Baby Show and in running HB Study Days in 2004-6. Rosie writes articles on Hypnobirthing, the benefits of a normal birth, and has contributed to TV programmes related to birth. Rosie was delighted to have been invited to Sweden in January 2012 to train Hypnobirthing teachers. She hopes to return soon!
Many women seek Rosie’s help following a traumatic first birth. Rosie is qualified in highly effective therapeutic techniques (recognised by NICE) to release trauma, PTSD and post natal depression. For more information please go to www.birthtraumacentre.org.uk
As a natural progression from Hypnobirthing, Rosie is now delighted to be a BabyCalm teacher and trainer running workshops and courses, ante and postnatally for groups and privately throughout London. Following the birth of her two sons, Dan and Jack at St Helier Hospital, Rosie was very involved in NCT Wimbledon & Wandsworth in the 1990s, and delivered NCT Post Natal Courses for many years (trained by Gillian Fletcher). Currently a member of NCT Riverside (Southbank) and continuing her commitment to help improve maternity services for women locally, she is Chair of St George’s Maternity Forum and attends C&W, St Thomas’s & Kingston Maternity Services Liaison Committee and is Healthwatch Wandsworth Maternity Rep.
Career prior to birth world
Director of Manhattan Toy Europe (‘Whoozit’ and Wimmer Ferguson toys)
LSA International (handmade glass): Sales Manager and Product Development
Umbra UK (design led interior products) Sales & Marketing Manager
JellyCat Toy: Sales and Marketing Manager
Molton Brown: Product / Business Development