Imagine giving birth peacefully and gently: relaxed and in control
Hypnobirthing will teach you how to give birth normally, in an easier, calmer, more comfortable manner whatever the circumstances and Hypnobirthing will generate and boost your confidence in your body’s natural ability. Hypnobirthing is the ONLY course that offers the opportunity for a truly shared, inclusive birthing experience, generating trust and confidence in your husband/partner or birth companion.
- Raised blood pressure, nausea, digestion problems and constipation can be relieved in pregnancy
- Enjoyable pregnancy - embracing birth
- First stage of birth likely to be shortened by several hours
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for drugs
- Fewer breech births
- Significantly reduces likelihood of tearing
- Eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving you fresh, awake and with energy for birth
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby and birth partner
- Husband or partner comfortably able to support you through birth - a great start to family life
- More rapid post natal recovery (almost entirely eliminates post natal discomfort & ‘baby blues’)
- Creates a special, integral role for your husband or partner
- London hospitals and birth centres supporting Hypnobirthing couples
- A beautiful birth whatever the circumstances (and even if you have predetermined medical condition)
- Calm, contented, happy babies – who tend to sleep and feed well
You will learn
- How to eliminate anxiety & tension that cause long labours & pain, replacing them with calm
- How to build confidence and trust in your body and baby
- How you can have a quick and easy birth - it is possible!
- Deep Relaxation (self hypnosis) & stress release skills that you can use during labour– skills for life!
- Special Hypnobirthing Breathing techniques for a calm, gentle birth
- Visualisations and Affirmations for a beautiful birth
- Your Husband or Partner will learn how to keep him/herself relaxed and to help you relax
- You will learn how to trust your instincts and go with the flow of your body
- How to create a supported, joyful birth environment
- How to feel good about your birth when there are special circumstances
- How to encourage a natural start to Birth (avoiding an unnecessary chemical induction)
- Special massage techniques for a more comfortable labour
- How you and your partner can bond with your unborn baby
- We'll also be dispelling some myths!
All courses include 3 HypnoBirthing downloads, birth plan, course materials, resource list and ongoing email/phone support from the team.
When you’ve taken the course, practised the easy techniques during pregnancy and used those techniques during birth, you will be in good spirits – calm and in control of YOUR BIRTH
“As soon as the midwives knew we were Hypnobirthing they were happy to go along with our plan! It was wonderful” Louise & Sean Chelsea & Westminster
“The midwife was really great. She totally respected my birth plan and was a reassuring presence in the room. I was so thrilled to have a drug free birth and your course gave me the confidence to be able to see that through" Karen & James Kingston Hospital